Usually your ESA isn’t affected if you:

This is called ‘permitted work’.

You can also do ‘supported permitted work’ for less than 16 hours a week and earn up to £99.50 a week for up to 52 weeks.

Supported permitted work is supervised by someone from a local council or a voluntary organisation whose job it is to arrange work for disabled people.

If you do permitted work, the Department of Work and Pension (DWP) will send you form PW1 to fill in and send back to them.


> Back to Support with benefits